Wizard Recovery Gear

Look what just arrived:
D4167AE0-B660-475E-A23E-C0B22A387D61.jpeg

So stoked. Thanks Blaine!!

The price Blaine put on these is unbelievable. I don't currently need one, but do feel like a moth in front of a bug light! ;)

That's what happens when you agree to pay someone a royalty and then don't do it. I'm basically making my royalty back one piece at a time. We've calculated our hard cost, added in transaction fees, a little bit for packaging, actual shipping and then I stuck the agreed upon royalty on top of that.

The other way to look at that is I'm essentially selling at their cost more or less depending on little discounts for packaging and shipping volumes here and there. I'm not as smart about it as I should be since I'm still out the previously owed royalties so they should all have a double amount added in, but I ain't that smart.

That's what happens when you agree to pay someone a royalty and then don't do it. I'm basically making my royalty back one piece at a time. We've calculated our hard cost, added in transaction fees, a little bit for packaging, actual shipping and then I stuck the agreed upon royalty on top of that.

The other way to look at that is I'm essentially selling at their cost more or less depending on little discounts for packaging and shipping volumes here and there. I'm not as smart about it as I should be since I'm still out the previously owed royalties so they should all have a double amount added in, but I ain't that smart.

Now this all makes sense. I had one of the original Viking thimbles and thought it was a simple, but clever solution. The description has your name on it!

"Viking Offroad Safety Thimble is the original Safety Thimble, designed by Blaine Johnson. The Safety Thimble is designed to prevent the thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching, often due to winch "run-on" from electric winches. The Safety Thimble is designed to be used with 3/4" shackles but not with hooks although one can install a detachable hook. The thimble can be pulled tight against the fairlead which keeps rattles from happening. The Safety Thimbles is also lightest option for a winchline ans specifically designed for use with sythetic ropes."

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92135_9000.htm

152216-add1.jpg

Here's my Viking Safety Thimble fresh out of the box in July 2014.
View attachment 364689

I wish I would have kept mine. I bought it new and it was with me across a couple XJs, a TJ, then an LJ. Sadly, I was a dummy and sold it with a winch. It's one of those pieces I'd consider a collectable. I used the hell out of it and it never let me down! :(

• Sad
Reactions: jjvw and rasband
I wish I would have kept mine. I bought it new and it was with me across a couple XJs, a TJ, then an LJ. Sadly, I was a dummy and sold it with a winch. It's one of those pieces I'd consider a collectable. I used the hell out of it and it never let me down! :(

I still have mine and it gets more and more use each year. Eventually I will switch to the newest soft shackle compatible design, because it's the wise thing to do. But in the meantime, the old Viking version is a fun piece of history that I enjoy using.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition and Irun
I still have mine and it gets more and more use each year. Eventually I will switch to the newest soft shackle compatible design, because it's the wise thing to do. But in the meantime, the old Viking version is a fun piece of history that I enjoy using.

1664995501487.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw and Irun