Work from home LJ

FYI - I ordered the savvy body lift when it was said to be on back order as well. I was assuming I would have a couple weeks to work on my Jeep before they showed up.

I believe they were on my doorstep in three days. So don’t be afraid to order them and they may show up real quick.

Reactions: kameronkales
I've got a set of these and am happy with them. They have little nylon inserts where the door pins go in. I put some glue on them because they wanted to come off when I removed a door. ACE door hangers

I came across these slightly cheaper ones and was thinking about get them for when I have the full and half doors off. Never have got them though.
O.R.C. door hangers

FYI - I ordered the ORC door hangers and just had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get the money back. I ordered on the 20th, and have heard nothing after multiple attempts to contact.

For what its worth, one of my buddies ordered for his JL last week and should receive today. So the store seems to be open, and mailing some products. Just not mine

• Sad
Reactions: MountaineerTom
FYI - I ordered the ORC door hangers and just had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get the money back. I ordered on the 20th, and have heard nothing after multiple attempts to contact.

For what its worth, one of my buddies ordered for his JL last week and should receive today. So the store seems to be open, and mailing some products. Just not mine

Well that’s disheartening. I also ordered the ORC hangers. I have heard nothing from the seller after two attempts to contact him. I guess I will be disputing a charge as well.

Ordered mine on the 25th.

• Sad

Well that’s disheartening. I also ordered the ORC hangers. I have heard nothing from the seller after two attempts to contact him. I guess I will be disputing a charge as well.

Ordered mine on the 25th.

Damn, that sucks. I hate that I put that link out there now. 🫤

Well a little communication is what’s required.
If you’re going to sell a product, you have to let your customer know if they’re going to get it.

They don’t have them available for a TJ? That’s fine. Tell me that. Even if it’s after that I’m not wondering if I’m going to get an item that I paid for or not.

Well a little communication is what’s required.
If you’re going to sell a product, you have to let your customer know if they’re going to get it.

They don’t have them available for a TJ? That’s fine. Tell me that. Even if it’s after that I’m not wondering if I’m going to get an item that I paid for or not.

Agreed. I dont care if it takes weeks (looking at you Savvy) if product is good and I do eventually receive it :)

Figured I’d give a summary of parts I have / have ordered for my LJ build.

Donor Dana 30 axle
5.13 gears
New ball joints
New axle shaft u joints

Currie track bars (front and rear)
Savvy control arms
MORE 1” motor mount lift
Savvy 1.25” body lift
Big brake kit
Locker switches (front / rear ) - factory look alikes

I won’t have time to work on Jeep for a few weeks and garage is already full, so these are waiting til I’m back home.

Next up:

Swayloc (front)
Extended links (rear)
Currie 4” springs

Shocks - thinking about the rancho set recommended here. Decided against out boarding/custom tuned. I’d spring for a nicer set if anyone has recommendations.

Bump stop extensions - need recommendations where to get these too

Extended brake lines

Lockers - waiting to order these until gears actually show up

The main missing piece here is steering. I haven’t done anything about steering yet. I will most likely go correctlync but I need lift on before that.

I’ll do 35s / rims once most of this is done as well.

Also have a ton of tools bought to support this (and future builds)

Last edited:
Figured I’d give a summary of parts I have / have ordered for my LJ build.

Donor Dana 30 axle
5.13 gears
New ball joints
New axle shaft u joints

Currie track bars (front and rear)
Savvy control arms
MORE 1” motor mount lift
Savvy 1.25” body lift
Big brake kit
Locker switches (front / rear ) - factory look alikes

I won’t have time to work on Jeep for a few weeks and garage is already full, so these are waiting til I’m back home.

Next up:

Swayloc (front)
Extended links (rear)
Currie 4” springs

Shocks - thinking about the rancho set recommended here. Decided against out boarding/custom tuned. I’d spring for a nicer set if anyone has recommendations.

Bump stop extensions - need recommendations where to get these too

Extended brake lines

Lockers - waiting to order these until gears actually show up

The main missing piece here is steering. I haven’t done anything about steering yet. I will most likely go correctlync but I need lift on before that.

Also have a ton of tools bought to support this (and future builds)

Well, spend once cry once on all of the above. Hopefully you will be doing a whole lot of cryin’ over the next few months…

🙂

• Haha
Reactions: SvtLdr
Does anyone know if I’ll need the savvy shift cable? On 4” springs + 1.25” BL.

Rather order now and start the waiting game if need be

The springs won't care if you have the shifter cable, just the body lift. I'd order it now though that way you hopefully have it when needed.

Does anyone know if I’ll need the savvy shift cable? On 4” springs + 1.25” BL.

Rather order now and start the waiting game if need be

My uninformed two cents - I think the general consensus is that you probably will with the body lift. Most people mention some binding up in the transfer case shift lever.

I have the Savvy body lift sitting on my workbench, and 33 inch tires on order. I went ahead and ordered the Savvy cable shifter a week ago. Might as well do it and be done with it. My understanding is, it’s also a great improvement over the stock linkage anyway.

I haven’t heard anything from them since I ordered, so I just dropped them a quick email to ask for a status update.