My PCM was ordered on Thursday late afternoon, and I had it in hand by Saturday (though I'm not far from them). Got it put in yesterday, and after replacing an also bad fuel pump, I'm back in business. Shifts seemed to be very clean, though my LJ did not yet exhibit the hard shifts so it's hard to compare that issue. I will try to periodically post updates as the mileage/time goes on, since I DD it I should rack up the miles and on/off cycles quickly. Currently installed mileage is ~118,730.

Just ordered a Wrangler Fix PCM for my 05 LJR manual trans. Jeep is my DD and has been down since the end of May, A1 Cardone said the stock PCM "was not repairable". Will update once installed.

Ordered from @Wranglerfix (Mark) on Tuesday and received on Thursday. Installed it today. I’ve only put 15 miles on it so far just running out to get some oil and filter for an oil change and got some lunch.

So far, so good. Smooth shifting. No codes. (y)

6F2ED78E-5CB2-4EE6-8B26-8629C455EE4F.jpeg

BE2777B0-9B9D-4B21-B697-EB6C031D28E5.jpeg

8E5E6AF4-FB49-4A05-99E0-4091355F5BEA.jpeg

7E623ECF-7F00-4C67-AA77-F77EBA829410.jpeg

I just ordered one too. I have a manual but it is an '06. Mine is not a DD so my mileage reports may take eons to get into the higher numbers.
Is this for backup only or are you having problems? Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I have an 05 manual with 107k (no issues yet!). So glad these guys are available to to care of us 05-06 folks!

It’s a primary for me. The hard shifting only affects the 42RLE automatic transmissions.

When I first got the Jeep in 2016, I had a couple hard 1-2 shifts. Hadn’t had any more until the last couple months. I then found out that you have to have a code reader that will read transmission codes, so I got one and it showed I had the P0218 and P0714 TCM codes.

So, out with the old, in with the new.

I won’t rule out getting another one sometime down the road to have as a spare, if needed. I don’t ever plan to get rid of this jeep until I die, then my youngest son will get it. : )

Last edited:
Reactions: mots
Buying a PCM from wranglerfix.com solved my MIL issues with various codes. After several hours and frustration trying to resolve it myself based on the codes (buying/replacing parts, resetting codes, disconnecting battery, etc.), I came across similar issues as noted here and the rebuilt core from wranglerfix. Simple purchase process and very simple install process. Result=problem solved. Thanks again to Mark and wranglerfix.com.
Thank you as well.

The "fix" will be by the very nature of the beast, something other than a repaired, or reman 05-06 TJ PCM. They just aren't out there to be had. Or, if they are, someone is hoarding them.

As someone who has had more of my shit copied than I can stand, I fully understand the lack of full disclosure. If you come up with a way to solve a problem, I personally see nothing wrong with playing your cards a bit close to the vest when queries as to how you accomplished it may reveal an answer that will open the door for others to step on your dick.

I have a very good idea as to what they are doing. It is a very logical answer. I could probably even come up with a sample if I had to, but I think about things like this in a problem solving manner so it would not be unusual for me to be closer to right than not.

That and you don't need an answer as to how it is being done, neither does anyone else. All we need to know is whether or not it works. If it works, it is a solution that is desperately needed. If it doesn't (and that won't take long to figure out) then we are back to the drawing board for a solution.
Thank you.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Mark,

I was wondering if one of your new PCM's can be ordered with certain features disabled? Specifically, if my vehicle currently has the SKIM security system, can I order a PCM with SKIM disabled? Also, could I order a PCM with the evap system disabled? This is the system mounted above the passenger rear tire and connected to a gas tank vent. I believe it requires disabling of a solenoid valve.

I don't need tuning for power, but want to eliminate things that could cause reliability problems down the road.

Thanks,

Carey

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Is this for backup only or are you having problems? Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I have an 05 manual with 107k (no issues yet!). So glad these guys are available to to care of us 05-06 folks!
I will be using this one and keeping my original as a backup.

Reactions: mots
Mark,

I was wondering if one of your new PCM's can be ordered with certain features disabled? Specifically, if my vehicle currently has the SKIM security system, can I order a PCM with SKIM disabled? Also, could I order a PCM with the evap system disabled? This is the system mounted above the passenger rear tire and connected to a gas tank vent. I believe it requires disabling of a solenoid valve.

I don't need tuning for power, but want to eliminate things that could cause reliability problems down the road.

Thanks,

Carey
Hi Carey,

We can disable skim but cannot do any evap deletes or performance mods at this time.

Thanks for your questions!

Mark

I just installed my Wranglerfix pcm this morning. Have about 120 miles on it so far- freeway, around town, starts, stops, etc. Even decided to take it to dealer and pay for an oil change to see if they "noticed" anything when they scanned it. So far so good. And, I bought mine as an insurance policy of sorts. The Wrangler fix will live in the Jeep while the original will be tucked away safe and secure as back-up.

BTW - any trick / safeguards to long term (hopefully) storage of electronic equipment?

PS - my 05 has about 105,000 miles

Oh, and post count low, 'cause my 05 is fairly new to me. I'm still learning.....

I just ordered one too. I have a manual but it is an '06. Mine is not a DD so my mileage reports may take eons to get into the higher numbers.
Do you have yours yet? Have not received mine and no word on when it will ship.

Do you have yours yet? Have not received mine and no word on when it will ship.

Hey guys,

We are working 7 days a week to get these pcms programmed, tested and shipped. The UPS/USPS hasn’t been too kind with sending tracking numbers out...

I apologize and you can call or email me for an exact status.

Thanks,

Mark

BTW - any trick / safeguards to long term (hopefully) storage of electronic equipment?
  • Keep in a cool and dry place. Up off the floor on a higher shelf is typically best, so stuff can't fall on it.
  • Seal it up in an opaque, air-tight container (avoid UV light, insects, dust etc.)
  • Use a desiccant inside the container (aka drying agent) to absorb moisture, like silica gel.

This is awesome that we're getting these out onto the market!

If I don't end up supercharging my wife's khaki TJ I'll be ordering one up as a spare.