Work from home LJ

Measure the control arms from bolt to bolt. You can also verify it by measuring from hub to hub. Having all 4 tires off makes that a little easier.

Built the exogate this weekend to hold the 35" spare. Went on super easy.

Really frustrated with Savvy. Ive contacted them multiple times about my missing body lift puck and no response at all. Luckily Rasband is sending me another one (since the first replacement he sent got lost in the mail) but Ive ordered 3 things from Savvy and 2 of the 3 had issues.

Hopefully get jeep drivable again this weekend once the new puck arrives.

Reactions: kameronkales
Reactions: Jamison C
how do I rebuild this? It’s the diff side of Currie front trac bar. Do I just pull the black rubber off and then press out with Johnny joint tool?

D9900D0A-D0F3-400F-B4A4-BDF1353075F5.jpeg

Last edited:
how do I rebuild this? It’s the diff side of Currie front trac bar. Do I just pull the black rubber off and then press out with Johnny joint tool?

View attachment 383845

I was able to press the rubber and center sleeve out with a ball joint press. The outer sleeve was still in there, so I used a small hack saw to cut a groove and then bent the sleeve and pushed it out. There's probably a better way but this worked for me.

After a talk with Currie, I learned the diff side of the trac bar I have is not a Johnny joint, its the old style poly bushing.

If anyone else runs into, you have two options. Either replace the rod end for the new johnny joint end (most people have this by default) or replace with this rebuild kit https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9120TJJ-BK

I just ordered replacement rod end so both of my front/rear trac bars are like new.

I emailed savvy for a separate issue Nov 24th and have yet to hear back. I emailed currie / rockjock last night, and got an answer within 12 hours.

Got a great deal on spicer 5-1310x ujoints so replacing all of those (front/rear driveshafts) next.

From what Ive read on here, LJs are usually ok on 4" suspension lift without new driveshafts. My current ujoints look shot, but if Im going to have to replace driveshafts anyway, I can return these spicer units

Last edited:
Got my savvy transfer case shift cable installed. It needs some adjustment but Ill iron that out this weekend.

Surgery for my busted ACL got pushed til end of month, so I am buying a tow rig Saturday and will be back onto the Jeep projects after (for another 2 weeks).

Ill probably get to refreshing all the ujoints in driveline this weekend

Got my savvy transfer case shift cable installed. It needs some adjustment but Ill iron that out this weekend.

Surgery for my busted ACL got pushed til end of month, so I am buying a tow rig Saturday and will be back onto the Jeep projects after (for another 2 weeks).

Ill probably get to refreshing all the ujoints in driveline this weekend

Good luck with the surgery.

Whatcha gittin‘ for a tow rig?

Still need to square up axles and set pinion angles but finally got savvy shift cable dialed in.

Drove Jeep around neighborhood and snap ring on brand new Currie front trac bar popped out. So will be fixing that today and working on squaring everything up

2DAAC308-03D0-4DF7-BBFF-FE2E78F76E41.jpeg

Still need to square up axles and set pinion angles but finally got savvy shift cable dialed in.

Drove Jeep around neighborhood and snap ring on brand new Currie front trac bar popped out. So will be fixing that today and working on squaring everything up

View attachment 411896

Snap ring popped out of one of my rear lower Currie arms after my last wheeling trip and I got introduced to rear steer. No fun.

I wonder how their QC is doing, here's a JJ I received this week. Looks like the urethane bushing half was pressed in sideways and they fully sent it anyways and smushed the retaining washer in the process:
IMG_4546 Large.jpeg

Got Jeep out today. Rear end is squared up and it drove a lot better. Front needs to be dialed in next.

Had to cut exhaust off to clear Currie track bar so replacing is on my to do list.

I need locker recommendations. I have LP Dana 30/Dana 44 with 3.73 carriers. Intending on installing 5.13s (myself)

I originally thought elockers but from my reading it appears there is no drop in Dana 44 option? I read comments about shaving carrier/boring out ring gear bolts to use a JK Dana 44 e locker. I don’t really want to do that.

I’m fine to go with ARB if that’s the preferred path.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I need locker recommendations. I have LP Dana 30/Dana 44 with 3.73 carriers. Intending on installing 5.13s (myself)

I originally thought elockers but from my reading it appears there is no drop in Dana 44 option?

That sounds very odd. Did you call Eaton [800-328-3850] to make sure? I know when I bought my ARBs, it was very confusing because the "3.73 & down" and "3.92 & up" weren't accurate for a Rubicon due to the thick cut ring gears. I had to contact them to make sure I bought the proper ones.